Build a Network of Anti-War Activists

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Sep 15 06:56:28 PDT 2001

By now, many activists all over the USA & the rest of the world must have sprung into action, organizing, holding press conferences, handing out leaflets, gathering in vigils against war, and so on. In Columbus, Ohio, USA as well, we've already held several meetings of activists against war; sent out a joint press release; offered solidarity to local Muslims in a place of worship & participated in a joint press conference with CAIR-Ohio; handed out leaflets; & taken part in three vigils. We'll be meeting again on Sunday, September 16. (If you or anyone you know is in Columbus, Ohio, USA, please e-mail Yoshie Furuhashi at <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> or call Yoshie Furuhashi & Mark D. Stansbery at 614-668-6554, and we'll plug you into our local activist network.)

I'd like to ask you to report on your local & regional activities against war -- news likely blocked out by the corporate media. I wish to have the names, e-addresses, & phone numbers of anti-war organizers elsewhere who can serve as contact persons. Please also inform us of any national & international anti-war actions being planned (we know of & will participate in S29 being organized by the International Action Center -- for more info on S29, visit <http://www.iacenter.org/>). Let's build an international network (as the imminent war is likely to involve many nations).

In loving solidarity,

Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

P.S. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who graciously endorsed our joint statement; if you haven't done so already, please see the statement at <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/cjp.12SEP2001.html> -- if you'd like to be added to the list of co-sponsors, e-mail <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> your name, affiliation (if any), & place of residence (for the purpose of documentation).

P.P.S. Feel free to forward this to anyone against the imminent war.