Kinda quiet

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Sat Sep 15 11:48:44 PDT 2001

Carl Remick:
> It's my impression that the volume of posts on this and other leftist lists
> is much lower now than it was during the NATO-Serbia war. If so, why? Is
> there a greater sense of futility? More uncertainty and doubt? Or is
> everyone out organizing?

Steve Perry:
> i think most are abashed at the prospecting of seeming less than good
> americans, sad to say.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think the world I knew ended a few days ago and a new one began. I'm trying to understand the new one and figure out how to deal with it. At this point many of the facts of the new world are still obscure. A good deal of what I hear -- the tub-thumping, the sentimentalization, the reflections of reflections on the media -- now seem to echo from another room.