Go after OBL's $$$$

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Sat Sep 15 21:19:29 PDT 2001

kelley fwd'd:

> Thomas Stewart <ThosStew at aol.com> writes:
>
> and one thing we should be going after is bin Laden's money. presumably
> it's in small bundles in swiss within cayman within swiss within cayman
> accounts and dummy corporations, but someone knows

I just heard on Diane Rhem's show on NPR tonight that the authorities are looking into a suspicious transaction on the Japanese stock exchange on Tuesday which involved an extremely large number of industry-specific shares that were sold short on Tuesday morning and then cashed out subsequent to the precipitous drop of the stocks after the WTC disaster.

That's all I heard, but it'd be interesting to know more if others have info.

--

/ dave /