(no subject)

LeoCasey at aol.com LeoCasey at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 19:28:02 PDT 2001

Estabrook:
> I think you were stung by the suggestion that could be something racist in
> not noticing that the people murdered in New York were vastly outnumbered
> by those murdered by the Clinton administration.

This is a classic moving target.

First, Chomsky says that the bombing of the Sudanese factory was worse than the bombing of the WTC -- without a piece of supporting evidence. Then Estabrook says it was equivalent -- with some wild and unsupported speculation that the destruction of a factory that was producing anti-malaria medicine and antibiotics led to the deaths of thousands. Now we are told that it was all of the deeds of the Clinton administration that killed more than the WTC bombing. This is where one gets to throw in the war against Milosevic that finally brought serial ethnic cleansing in the former Yugoslavia to an end and claim it was an imperial war to save all the nonexistent oil in Kosova for the US, turning the massacred Moslems of Bosnia and the Albanian Kosovars into invisisble men. Get ready for the ride.

You are right about one thing, Estabrook. It pisses me off incredibly when people -- especially people of the Caucasian hue -- misuse accusations of racism, because every time the accusation is bandied about in such illegitimate ways, it makes it all that much harder to fight the real racism that exists.

Leo Casey United Federation of Teachers 260 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10010-7272 (212-598-6869)

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has, and it never will. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. -- Frederick Douglass -- -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20010916/13c777c1/attachment.htm>