(no subject)

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Mon Sep 17 06:10:56 PDT 2001

> I can understand why you're uncomfortable, since you want to defend
> Clinton's cruise missiles and the US/NATO war. How do you feel about the
> coming Bush War?
>
> Regards, CGE

Leo speaks of moving targets, but he has no such speed. Fire-orange fright wig on his head, big red rubber nose that flashes intermittently, NATO dunce cap on his head, pale yellow sweatshirt sporting a photo of Clinton pointing his index finger at the press, telling them that he did not "have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky," Leo sits on a stool and picks his nose, smiling at the thought of US cruise missiles smashing into civilian buildings overseas.

Early on I had sympathy for Leo, and to a degree still do. But he's now dragging the dead from the rubble and using them as props in his mad defense of Clinton's imperial violence. I lived in NY for 17 years; my wife 10. Her best friend and maid of honor at our wedding lives three blocks from the WTC and her daughter goes to school in the same vicinity. We didn't hear from them for nearly three days, despite endless attempts to get through. Another close friend of ours has a wife who worked in the Towers. So far, nothing from either of them. We are worried sick.

Of course, when honoring his hero, Leo doesn't mention Clinton's support for Israeli ethnic cleansing of Shia areas of southern Lebanon in 1993, brutal ground sweeps and air raids that left entire villages and towns empty and filled refugee camps (which later were bombed with US weapons). Nor does he make a peep about the far worse ethnic cleansing by the Turks against the Kurds, again supported and financed by Clinton, some 3 million refugees fleeing tens of thousands of villages that were pounded with US bombs. Forget Sudan, Leo. I won't even mention it. What do you have to say about these actions supported and financed by your hero? As bad or worse as what happened last Tuesday?

And what are even doing here? Didn't you read in Newsday about the growing number of attacks on Arab Americans in Brooklyn? Why aren't you out there showing your solidarity (or are you)? If you truly feel the pain you have advertised so grossly here, why not put it to good use on the front lines of violent racism? The D or the F should get you there in 20-30 minutes, depending on where you catch them.

DP