(no subject)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:20:43 PDT 2001

You are really priceless, Leo: Bomb Serbia, you say; intervene in the former Yugoslavia, invade Somalia, etc., the US motives are pure and good and noble. Never mind that the US didn't have anything to do with East Timor, except to install, support, and arm the Indonesian regime that killed millions over the last 35 years, or that the US didn't intervene in Rwanda, where indeed it is conceivable that it might have done some good. The civilian casualties from our noble and highminded interventions don't seem to disturb you at all. I don't in any way minimize the horror of the recent crimes in NY and DC, I don't say that these were atrocities BUT. There were atrocities, full stop, utterlyw ithout excuse or redeeming value. You, hwowever, don't even acknowledge _as_ atrocities the large scale civilian deaths implicated in the interventions you support. I guess it depends onw ho is doing the killinga nd who is being killed.

In addition, you indulge in racebaiting Stephen without even knowing his race, just as (old debate here) you redbaited Solidaritity, Labor Notes, TDU, and Tarpinian, and the LRA, all without correct information; and you wouldn't accept the correct information when it was offered to you by someone who had it. What an amazing mind you have. And what is it that puts you on the left? jks

It is not sufficient that you condemn NATO intervention to end the