(no subject)

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Sep 17 12:55:22 PDT 2001

Leo wrote:

Ignore everything that Max and I have said about the struggle to determine that the military action which is directed against terrorist/state/military targets, and not at innocent people, and suggest that we are calling for a blank cheque for Bush to do what we want. Distort and misrepresent what is said, and then claim the reasonable position all for yourself.

---Well, why not ignore it, you ignore the utter impossibility of your proposed solution. The appointed president is supposed to be trusted, along with Cheney and Powell to be able to make sure that innocent people are not killed in return for this attack? You have much more faith in the appointed president than I do. And what's wrong with misrepresenting positions? This is what you have done with Chomsky's position, which you somehow equate with sympathy for the terrorists...

Steve

Stephen Philion Lecturer/PhD Candidate Department of Sociology 2424 Maile Way Social Sciences Bldg. # 247 Honolulu, HI 96822