Is it allowed?

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Sep 17 13:26:56 PDT 2001

From: Stephen E Philion <philion at hawaii.edu> To: totn at npr.org Subject: Is it allowed?

Dear Mr. Conan, I'm not sure if it's allowed to have Robert Sheer on your program, but I've noticed that your analysts seem to be unaware of the history he discusses in his recent column and its connection to the recent tragedy. If the government allows him on your program, perhaps you might ask him about his column in the LA Times. The URl is

http://latimes.com/news/opinion/la-000074773sep17.story?coll=la%2Dnews%2Dcomment%2Dopinions

Also, perhaps, you might interview grieving relatives who have written letters to President Bush to let him know they are opposed to military solutions that will only visit upon us more WTC's. These grieving relatives are also Americans and the media should let us know they exist.

Often the US media criticizes other countries for not allowing opponents of its policies to be covered by their media. The US media should allow those who disagree with the present thrust to war to receive press coverage.

Sincerely,

Stephen Philion Minneapolis, MN