(no subject)

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Sep 17 14:44:51 PDT 2001

Now you're just trying to convince us that Chomsky's argument is one of moral equivalence. Pathetic, that has nothing to do with Chomsky's argument. Like I said, if more people had acted like Chomsky in the 1980's, well maybe you wouldn't have to worry about your daughter's safety from terrorist attacks. I think your support for the CIA's role in Afghanistan in the 1980's and your support for retaliation contribute to the very disaster that you've been forced to react to this week.

In reality you're angry at Chomsky for not supportinng the war machine. There are sound moral arguments for doing that, which you cast as unpatriotic. I wish more people were unpatriotic when we were militarily and financially supporting the 'forces of freedom' in Afghanistan 20 years ago...

Steve