What is the moral course

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 17 15:32:41 PDT 2001

Carrol Cox wrote:

>I happen, along with Justin, to oppose _any_ action by the U.S. beyond
>its own borders on this. But let it be remembered that it was Doug, not
>some dogmatic leninist, who introduced the phrase in this context.
>
>During the Vietnam war...

What makes this different from Vietnam and everything else we know is that this was an attack on the U.S., not a U.S. imperial action abroad. Certainly it happened because of imperial behavior, but the fact that it happened here means that people experience it much more viscerally. Maybe I'm biased since it happened about 5 miles from where I'm sitting.

Doug