Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Mon Sep 17 22:51:14 PDT 2001

pursuant to your last observation, carrol, would you agree that having bush at the helm now is in some ways preferable to having gore, a man ever eager to affirm his toughness and his loyalty to israel?

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Carrol Cox Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 10:54 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re:

"j.f. noonan" wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 at 9:07pm Max Sawicky wrote:
>
> > You deserve credit for owning up to it.
> >
> > And nobody here has justified the Iraq
> > bombing, as far as I can remember.
>
> Lots of fans for bombing Serb civillians tho, eh?

The vast majority of u.s. workers know little or nothing of the Iraq bombing. I recall a poll during the army-mcarthy hearings in which only 30% of the respondents knew who McCarthy was. It is hard to overestimate the non-knowledge of most people -- I'm not attacking them, which is why I use the awkward nonceword, "non-knowledge." And many of those who sort of know of it and the sanctions have little knowledge of how destructive that bombing and those sanctions are.

But the supporters of the Democratic Party on this list (whether or not they explicitly support the bombing) do or should know all this. Supporting Clinton (or Gore) is something like supporting Goering as the lesser evil to Hitler. The war the U.S., primarily under the leadership of the Democratic Party, has waged on the Third World for 55 years is the bloodiest war of the 20th century.

Carrol