Another Voice of the Reactionary Right Heard From

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 08:28:43 PDT 2001

--- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote: > James Heartfield wrote:

> >And this is called 'Dissent' because...?
>
> ...they don't really want to change the world, they just want to
> stand on the sidelines and offer critical advice.

I'd always assumed it was because you only ever hear the word in the context of the phrase "there's dissent in the ranks".

As in:

"Off to bomb Kosovo? There's 'Dissent', in the ranks".

d^2

===== “Let the jury consider their verdict,” the King said, for about the twentieth time that day. “No, no!” said the Queen. “Sentence first–verdict afterwards.” [...] “Off with her head!” the Queen shouted at the top of her voice. Nobody moved.