proliferating plutonium and London rally

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Tue Sep 18 14:16:45 PDT 2001

>This week, while the world's collective back is turned, Tony Blair intends
>to allow the mixed oxide plant at Sellafield to start operating. The
>decision would have been front-page news at any other time. Now it's
>likely to be all but invisible. The plant's operation, long demanded by
>the nuclear industry and resisted by almost everyone else, will lead to a
>massive proliferation of plutonium, and a high probability that some of it
>will find its way into the hands of terrorists.

Gerorge Monbiot. 18.9.01

George Monbiot is said to be speaking at a peace rally in London this Friday at 7pm

Friends Meeting House on Euston Rd.

Speaker will also include Bruce Kent (CND), Jeremy Corbyn (Labour MP)

But I suggest you check as I only heard this from an internet contact, who heard it from a friend.

Chris Burford

London