[Fwd: Re: [L-I] No delivery of bin Laden]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Sep 18 16:23:44 PDT 2001

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [L-I] No delivery of bin Laden Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 04:42:45 -0500 From: Lou Paulsen <wwchi at enteract.com> Reply-To: leninist-international at lists.econ.utah.edu To: leninist-international at lists.econ.utah.edu

-----Original Message----- From: Macdonald Stainsby <mstainsby at tao.ca>
>After eight hours of meetings in Kandahar, the Taliban stronghold, the
>Pakistani officials were reported to be "severely discouraged" at the
>intransigence of the Taliban and its leader, Mullah Mohammed Omar, who
>set out several conditions for giving up Mr. bin Laden that seemed
>impossible to meet.
>
>These conditions were, according to Pakistani officials, that convincing
>evidence of Mr. bin Laden's involvement in terrorism must be presented
>to the Shura, as the Taliban's inner circle is called; ........

My god, the nerve of those people, demanding evidence as if they were an imperialist country that had a right to hold extradition hearings. Talk about intransigence.

Lou Paulsen