Brats on the March

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Sep 19 05:50:04 PDT 2001

"There are, however, people in my classes at San Francisco State University that have used this as an opportunity to talk about how America had it coming. True, we've bombed and slaughtered all over the globe, but the only reason these kids are in a position to say this stuff is because they're white, upper-middle-class college students -- they won't be the ones sent off to fight. They're lofty, Orange County-expatriate idealists. All they know how to do is rebel in the unoriginal mode of the neo-hippie faux revolutionary.

"I don't believe that we should scapegoat a nation. I don't believe that we should kill civilians. I'm not in favor of military expansion. But now I am down with America. I'm down with the cops and the firemen. I'm down with the soldiers. I'm down with the National Guard. And to a certain extent, I'm down with George W."

Kids today. Speaking as an Army vet, I wish this yuppie punk would stop yapping and go enlist already. "I'm ready to go!" What a fucking poseur. And read what his mommy has to say about the sixties. Disgusting.

http://salon.com/mwt/feature/2001/09/19/ready/index.html

DP