Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Sep 19 10:30:46 PDT 2001

Max, Actually, in the urge to respond to the distortions of arguments that Leo was engaging in, it looks like I've made a generalization that, indeed, I am to date unable to document. I was thinking of people like the former head of Leo's union Al Shanker, Robert Leiken, etc. who were supportive of Reagan's foreign policy in places like Nicaragua and Afghanistan.

mbs: "Generalization"? If I was in school I'd like to have you as instructor, so I could get partial credit for 'generalizations' that ordinarily would simply be called "wrong."

Shanker and Leiken were never ADA supporters, to the best of my knowledge. Certainly not in the past 20 years.

SP: . . . As I said earlier, when I disagree with your arguments I can still see an argument. Leo . . . Chomsky's arguments he was making. Nor unfortunately, assuming that my claim is seriously mistaken, would mine. $50? Don't you guys have a poor grad students fee? Steve

mbs: Leo, schmeo; Chomsky, schmomsky. They aren't in the ADA either. If you want to plead poverty, I'll reduce your penalty to $30. We in the ADA feel your pain.