Operation Infinite Justice

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 19 16:30:22 PDT 2001

Ah, I should have read that counterpunch piece first before lipping off about Alex Cockburn and Jeff St. Clair. Give them a few more issues and they'll pull another blunder like the CNN faked footage fandango.

To Lawrence, it was Herman Kahn, not Herbert Khan. Hudson Institute. Huge guy, 300 pds. at least. Scary mofo.

On nuclear war threats I once saw Daniel Ellsberg at a URPE conference at UC, Berkeley in '82 give a great speech on the dozens of times the US has threatened to use after Hiroshima and Nagasaki. If it is online I'll post a link. Most obscure crisis (though it figured in the demogogy by JFK against RMN in '60 when over the non-existent, "missile gap, " he ran to Nixon's right, was the islands of Quemoy and Matsu, off of the PRC.

To Justin and y'all, Richard Betts, co-wrote with L. Gelb, "Vietnam: The System Worked." For Brookings. The Noamster rips it apart. Michael Pugliese