Kinda Quiet

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 19 22:06:41 PDT 2001

Carrol>...almost every war=20 in the last century was waged by a Democratic Administration.=20

Can't quibble that much with that, having recently reread speeches by Paul Booth and Carl Oglesby of SDS on Cold War Liberalism in, "The New Left: A Documentary History, "edited by Massimo Teodori, Bobbs-Merril, 1969.

However what Carrol sez reminds me of Bob Dole in '76 on, "Democrat Wars." Why, btw, do GOP'ists always say, "Democrat, " not Democratic? It's as insulting as saying Trotskyite instead of Trotskyist. Michael Pugliese http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,375496,00.html 1976 VP debate: Mondale vs Dole Bob Dole: "If we added up the killed and wounded in Democrat wars in this century it would be about 1.6million Americans. Enough to fill this city of Detroit."