Hitch Losing It?

Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Thu Sep 20 09:55:57 PDT 2001

you mean he may turn out to be a gay republican?

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Dennis Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 11:46 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Hitch Losing It?

Max wrote (in regards to Hitch):

> I must be losing it too. I didn't see a problem.

Well, If Hitch would take a solid stand, which is what he usually does, then I wouldn't be using terms like "losing it." I thought he was terribly wrong to support the NATO bombing and told him so, but I didn't think he lost his mind or anything; but I did notice, for the first time since I've read or spoken to the guy, some uncertainty, doubt. And in the piece I posted today (and in the pieces he's written since the attack) I see even more uncertainty. I don't think, based on recent evidence, that Hitch really knows where he stands on all this, save for his justified hatred of theocracy. Thus he's reduced to telling Americans how great the country is, a lecture I don't think any of us really needs, especially those who've already said as much or more. Hitch is usually more precise than this, and I suspect that he's in some kind of personal or political transition.

DP