diversity

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Thu Sep 20 13:30:37 PDT 2001

Because they drop off this list, that doesn't mean they will drop organizing, especially Leo who made it clear he was and would continue to work on such issues.

Fact is if you can't get Brad and Leo onboard your antiwar principles, you aren't going to get a majority of the country. High profile issues like antiwar fights give the illusion of left growth because suddenly all the usual suspect drop what they were doing to join together. But that's not real growth and outreach, since it's merely shifting resources among the committed.

-- Nathan Newman

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 3:16 PM Subject: Re: diversity