Sane and Insane

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Sep 21 10:13:45 PDT 2001

At 08:57 PM 09/20/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> > I'm going to make my objects to the use of "sane" and "insane" which
> > seems to be such a common leftie language trap that already I have
> > done this on three lists.

Agreed. Let's also note that the brand of insanity is always posited against a background of anotherwise "sane" world. It completely removes any possibility of historical/materialist analysis. The proposition that Hitler/McVeigh/Bin Laden is a madman may be reassuring on one level, but it does nothing to explain why/how these "disturbed" men are able to win the support of millions of "sane" people.

Joanna B