Gitlin on the student peace movement

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 21 11:15:35 PDT 2001

>==========
>If you can afford it get 'em printed at a union print shop......
>
>Ian

Will try, but this is a tough one. We (= the informal anti-war coalition in Columbus, OH) basically have zero budget. We've been making flyers by our respective printers at home, with those who have access to copying machines at work, their place of worship, etc. shouldering the most burden.

Among our comrades, those who are involved in the Jobs with Justice organizing have been trying to get locals in it to pass resolutions against war, expansion of police powers, etc., but so far nothing has come out. Need to work further on this front.

Yoshie

P.S. Speaking of no-budget organizing, we've been trying to raise funds for Michael Parenti & others, who have agreed to come & speak at the November 9-11 conference organized by the Campus Progressive Alliance at the Ohio State University: "Building Alliances for Progressive Action" (for more info, see <http://www.osu.edu/students/CGP/CPA/>). If you are in or near Ohio, please come to the conference. If you got dough to spare, let me know offlist, & I'll tell you how to send it to us.