American "Triumph of the Will"

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Sep 22 10:13:35 PDT 2001

At 09:42 AM 9/22/01 -0700, Jordan Hayes wrote:
> > I thought it was interesting he mentioned "fascism, Nazism,
> > and totalitarianism" but not Communism.
>
>I thought that was because Communism isn't (yet?) in "the unmarked
>grave of discarded lies" . . .
>
>/jordan

no, totalitarianism is a signifier for Communism. might not do much for the Chinese, of course, but it's the same thing to the US public. not to mention fascism performs the same function in the average USers mind. you know that from reading the cyberlibs who perpetually conflate fascism with communism. some even conflate nazism with communism

kelley