A Positive Program

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Sat Sep 22 15:22:37 PDT 2001

> Israel, which has no compunctions about killing "terrorists," still
> hasn't stopped "terrorism." Why would the U.S. do any better,
> especially given the physical and cultural distance.
>
> Doug

Which is why I tried to make it quite clear that such a strategy may be utterly ineffectual. At this point, I don't know. Here's something else I'm fairly confident both of us don't know: to what extent has Israeli counterterrorist policy limited the scale of terrorism as opposed to eliminating it altogether?

(BTW, although the acts of Palestinians who blow up civilians may be entirely justified, the moniker of "terrorism" is still entirely fitting.)

-- Luke