Saudi Royal Family in Flight

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Sat Sep 22 19:40:43 PDT 2001

Hi,

No, what is siad below is precisely what is irresponsible. It makes you a gossip. You have an obligation to engage in some scutiny before posting material to a public list. If the messenger is irresponsible they deserve to be criticized.

I have apologized to Brenda offlist for losing my temper. But do not think it is OK to pass along gossip in a time of crisis--or any time. Especially on a left list.

And if you don't endorse it or if you think it might be dubious then you have an obligation to note this.

Carrol Cox just made the same point in criticizing Michael Pugliese.

When you post material from the far right without identifying it you assist the far right.

Congratulations if that is your goal. but if it is not, then show some responsibility to the list, the left, and the idea of fairness and accuracy.

-Chip Berlet

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Robert Dean" <qualiall_2 at yahoo.com>

> Just a quick reminder that just because you post an
> article here, it doesn't necessarilly mean you endorse it
> even if not explicitly noted in the post. That in
> mind (and I understand about the 'fake footage' thread
> a bit although the attacks may have been more than
> necessary), discuss the article forwarded and don't
> attack the messenger.

<<SNIP>>