A Positive Program

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sun Sep 23 10:43:19 PDT 2001

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Luke says:
>
> >Good point. I should've substituted "prevent" for "deter." There's at
> >least one possible way I know that may prevent future terrorism: kill the
> >terrorists (although as others have pointed out this is far from a
> >certainty).
>
> I suppose you can sometimes identify those who have already committed
> terrors. How do you identify those who may commit "future terrorism"?
>
> Yoshie

That one's easy, Yoshie: turbans. Look for the turbans. Sure, we'll take out some innocent people, but there's always collateral damage during war. Allah will sort them out.

For the first time in my life, I'm seriously considering renouncing my U. S. citzenship and living somewhere else. The terrorist attack was horrific enough, but the U. S. response (replete with jingoism, racism, sabre-rattling, and clueless arrrogance) makes me ashamed to call myself a U. S. citizen.

Miles