lbo-talk-digest V1 #4937

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Sun Sep 23 13:40:19 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "lbo-talk-digest" <owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com>

> For the first time in my life, I'm seriously considering renouncing my
> U. S. citzenship and living somewhere else. The terrorist attack was
> horrific enough, but the U. S. response (replete with jingoism, racism,
> sabre-rattling, and clueless arrrogance) makes me ashamed to call myself
> a U. S. citizen.
>
> Miles

Speaking from Canada, I can just say two things: you are not that much worse right now. But it's far less among the people than you might think; people don't really dream about fighting this war. Secondly, as a North American, let me say we need you now MORE than ever. Don't leave the country; leave the house.

Macdonald