the Silk Road strategy

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Sep 23 14:41:32 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> >Read faster :-)
> >
> >There are lots of people on the list. I'm just being an info gopher;
> >division of labor and all that.
> >
> >Lighten' up,
>
> Suggested compromise: think real hard about forwaring anything longer
> than 8k, especially if it's from a public (i.e., non-subscription)
> website.

I picked one of Ian's posts as my example because actually I grust Ian more than most to be selective -- if he _would_ be selective. And I would trust any introductory statement written by him giving a sense of the contents of a post. I've met and talked to a lot of new people the last two days; I have their e-mail addresses. I'd like to feed them information and analysis, but I'm not going to drown them, and I'm not going to read a whole fucking encyclopedia in the next 48 hours to decide what to send. I'd really like help from others on the lists I'm on, but to be helpful they can't just throw quantities of stuff.

Carrol