American "Triumph of the Will"

John Gulick jlgulick at sfo.com
Sun Sep 23 16:44:23 PDT 2001

Peter K. wrote:

>I thought it was interesting he mentioned "fascism, Nazism,

>and totalitarianism" but not Communism.

Yes, maybe a tactical sop to the PRC (waging their own campaign against "Muslim fundamentalism" in Xinjiang), but also a choice of phrasing which is sure to alarm _bona fide_ right-wing isolationists in the U.S., who are probably convinced that an "international coalitition against terrorism" is actually the latest extrapolation of a proto-communist New World Order -- and this alarm is only certain to mount the more the State Department forces triumph over the Department of Defense ones ...

John Gulick