Many apologies and goodbye

ravi gadfly at home.com
Mon Sep 24 07:47:38 PDT 2001

Rob Schaap wrote:

> Don't let the rude bastards get you down, Brenda! Who cares what a couple
> of grumpy ol' Yanks think? Keep at it, comrade!

to brenda:

yes! i am very new to the list and i was surprised to see the abusive comments about your post. one person (named budge or noonan) responded that all your posts were bad (i think he used the word "crap" or some such). so i went and looked at the archives and compiled an extensive list of your posts and links to them (it grew too long for me to post but i can if such analysis is useful), and found nothing particularly crappy about them (they were mostly about environmental issues in tasmania and australia) - they were informative and friendly. they were missing on long explications of habermas and also on intricate critiques of postmodernism and rap, but despite that, i hope you stick

around and continue to contribute - while i am new to this list, i

have been on and run many internet mailing lists, and even on this list i have noticed avoidable errors on the part of even those who criticize you. so dont let them bully you out!

--ravi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- man is said to be a rational animal. i do not know why he has not been defined as an affective or feeling animal. more often i have seen a cat reason than laugh or weep. perhaps it weeps or laughs inwardly - but then perhaps, also inwardly, the crab resolves equations of the 2nd degree. -- alasdair macintyre.