SUVs

ravi gadfly at home.com
Mon Sep 24 08:01:10 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Michael Pugliese wrote:
>
>> American cars signified right leaning, foreign cars, more left leaning.
>
> Fred Jameson has a beat-up old Buick (or maybe it's an Olds). Stanley
> Fish has two Jaguars.

are you implying that stanley fish is right leaning? the only thing i have read by stanley fish are his debates with dinesh d'souza, which act (the debate) makes him a very commendable person indeed. i read a volume titled "there is no such thing as free speech" which espoused a sort of common sense approach to social and legal issues that i found rather reasonable. did i err in my analysis of fish's ideas?

--ravi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- man is said to be a rational animal. i do not know why he has not been defined as an affective or feeling animal. more often i have seen a cat reason than laugh or weep. perhaps it weeps or laughs inwardly - but then perhaps, also inwardly, the crab resolves equations of the 2nd degree. -- alasdair macintyre.