back street boy backs off

brettk at unicacorp.com brettk at unicacorp.com
Mon Sep 24 14:55:47 PDT 2001

Hi Nathan,

I agree with your assessment of our vulnerability, and that we should resist the calls for rescinding civil liberties in the name of security.

But there is definitely a reason why the assault occurred. US foreign policy has caused a great deal of resentment among Arab Muslims, and this resentment is what creates and sustains the extreme elements which dream up and carry out this kind of an attack. Repairing out relationship and reputation with Arab Muslims is the best way to enhance our security.

Brett