Hitchens responds to critics

Seth Ackerman sackerman at FAIR.org
Tue Sep 25 12:21:15 PDT 2001

Nathan Newman wrote:

> [...]
. Nathan, now you seem to be just quibbling with people's etiquette. You know very well I wasn't "justifying" anything the terrorists did. Even if the attacks had killed zero civilians I would have thought they were awful. That's why my next line was, "but war is not the answer." I was only making a point about military targets.

You don't disagree with the content of my message. You just don't like the fact that the broad public would find it offensive if they heard it, right? But why tailor an e-mail to a left-wing newsgroup as if it were being broadcast on CNN TalkBack Live? If you can't be analytical on lbo-talk, where can you?

Seth