question re the Middle East Media Research Institute: sampling bias or "disinfo" source

Randy Earnest earnest at tallynet.com
Tue Sep 25 13:04:11 PDT 2001

picked up on them from a post of kelley's and at first it seemed like a good resource. But looking over their listings they appear to be out to paint Palestinians as bent on Israel's destruction, Holocaust-denying, downright rabid. Here's a snippet of a translation from a Friday sermon by a Palestinian: "Oh beloved of Allah. One of the Jews' evil deeds is what has come to be called 'the Holocaust,' that is, the slaughter of the Jews by Nazism. However, revisionist [historians] have proven that this crime, carried out against some of the Jews, was planned by the Jews' leaders, and was part of their policy. These are the Jews against whom we fight, oh beloved of Allah."

I'm not surprised that *some* Palestinians would hold such views, just as I wasn't surprised that some Palestinians danced at the news of the WTC. But at least threeof the staff worked with Israeli intelligence. Anyone know more about them? Are they just biased in their sampling or do they actually falsify transcripts? Randy Earnest