Hitchens responds to critics

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 13:45:47 PDT 2001

Oh, come on Carroll.

I used to be a Democratic Party activist, door-knocker, committee meetings, the works. As you know, I am not any more, but I never would have said (a) don't try to explain evil, or (b) the policies of the DP are great and to be defended come what may. I had a Rainbow Coalition approach, the DP is pretty awful, and promotes many evil policies (for explicable reasons, but it is the only game in town, and maybe we can turn it around. I still know lots of people who think like that bout the DP--or indeed, in olden days, about the CP.

jks