Is Satire Dead?

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Sep 26 05:30:40 PDT 2001

This from today's Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/26/arts/theater/26STAN.html

Man, I'm glad to be outta that world. And I knew Bill Maher would wimp out after making what I thought was a (rare) keen observation, that launching cruise missiles from hundreds of miles away is "cowardly." A little corporate pressure and Mr. Incorrect is on his knees begging forgiveness. Somewhere, the late Bill Hicks is shaking his head and lighting another cig.

It will be interesting to see what "Saturday Night Live" does for its season premiere this week. Will Ferrell doing his stupid Bush routine? I doubt it.

DP -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20010926/ee429d1f/attachment.htm>