"Cause" vs. "Justified" (was: Re: Hitchens responds to critics)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Sep 26 11:34:36 PDT 2001

At 10:53 AM 9/26/01 -0400, Nathan Newman wrote:

>It's a nice theory, but it's obvious problem are the mass numbers of movies
>and TV shows having to be shelved or rewritten as we speak, because their
>events too closely resembled Sept 11. Foreseeability of crazy Arabs
>blowing shit up in the US out of resentment for US policy is one of the
>things that is emphasized in the mass media constantly.

actually, as i recall, media analysis suggests that the typical scenario is to paint them to only "appear" as if they're crazy religious fundamentalists who blow shit up out of resentment. in the end, the narrative reveals that they are 1. corrupt and not esp religious; 2. greedy just like the worst of the "bad" capitalists.

interesting, huh!!?

kelley