americans need to "watch what they do" (re: is satire dead?)

Kirsten Neilsen kirsten at Infothecary.ORG
Wed Sep 26 14:37:38 PDT 2001

[ari fleishcher commments on bill maher]

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010926-5.html#BillMahe r-Comments

MR. FLEISCHER: I'm aware of the press reports about what he said. I have not seen the actual transcript of the show itself. But assuming the press reports are right, it's a terrible thing to say, and it unfortunate. And that's why there was an earlier question about has the President said anything to the people in his own party. There are reminders to all Americans that they need to watch what they do, and this is not a time for remarks like that; there never is.