Sociology and Explanations (Re: Hitchens responds to critics

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Thu Sep 27 07:03:41 PDT 2001

> It is a sad commentary on the state of the Left to see it being so starved
> for a revolution that they take an obviously reactionary, sponsored from
> above, plot for one.

it's a sad commentary on the state of the left that we accuse each other of being so starved for a revolution that we take an obviously reactionary, sponsored from above, plot for one; that we so misunderstand each other (deliberately?) that we actually for a moment believe that there's someone standing in front of us rooting for bin laden; that we spend all our time chastising pathetic leftists for talking about the role of US foreign policy rather than joining the chorus of condemnation in unison with our other patriotic brothers and sisters; that we (willfully?) confuse a concern for the role of truly twisted US foreign policy in the production of this twisted act with justifying the act and blaming the victims.

that's what i think is sad.