Tariq Ali on Central Asia

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Sep 27 12:04:28 PDT 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Here's what [Tariq Ali] says in an interview I'm running in the next
> LBO:

That's a great quote and I really look forward to the reading the interview.

Tariq Ali also wrote two other articles in the last year or so that I think are well worth re-reading. The first is on Pakistan, and has been reposted on the home page of the Nation, at www.thenation.com The second is a long and brilliant article on Kashmir that the London Review of Books just posted as an "archive special" on their home page at www.lrb.co.uk The latter, besides being very smart and wonderfully well-written, also contains some great biographical asides.

Michael