Bomb blitz coming?

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Thu Sep 27 20:20:34 PDT 2001

> From the Telegraph (UK)
>
> Cheers, Ken Hanly
>

> Bomb blitz will 'shock and awe' the Taliban
> By Ben Rooney, Defence Staff
> (Filed: 27/09/2001)
>

> THE US armada will exploit its overwhelming firepower to devastate
the
> Taliban in a policy of "shock and awe", defence analysts said
yesterday.

Is it me or does the above possibility fly in the face of :

The War Powers Act of 1973 Public Law 93-148 93rd Congress, H. J. Res. 542 November 7, 1973 Joint Resolution Concerning the war powers of Congress and the President. Resolved by the Senate and the House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SHORT TITLE SECTION 1. This joint resolution may be cited as the "War Powers Resolution". PURPOSE AND POLICY SEC. 2. (a) It is the purpose of this joint resolution to fulfill the intent of the framers of the Constitution of the United States and insure that the collective judgement of both the Congress and the President will apply to the introduction of United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicate by the circumstances, and to the continued use of such forces in hostilities or in such situations. SEC. 2. (b) Under article I, section 8, of the Constitution, it is specifically provided that the Congress shall have the power to make all laws necessary and proper for carrying into execution, not only its own powers but also all other powers vested by the Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof. SEC. 2. (c) The constitutional powers of the President as Commander-in-Chief to introduce United States Armed Forces into hostilities, or into situations where imminent involvement in hostilities is clearly indicated by the circumstances, are exercised only pursuant to (1) a declaration of war, (2) specific statutory authorization, or (3) a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.

The USG will, again, be engaging in post hoc, ergo prompter hoc non-reasoning in order to prosecute violence against a quasi-state that the USG, as yet, has evidence against in the events of 9-11. This is not a new kind of war as much as a new kind of alegality and, it would appear, a breach of the WPA itself. Yet more proof that the law is nothing more than what legislators and their apologists in the legal profession say it is. The hostilities in question in the WPA above will not exist until the US inaugurates aggression--"war", thereby engaging in yet more circular non-reasoning.

Ian