Hitchens falls off bar stool

Steve Perry sperry at usinternet.com
Fri Sep 28 07:23:20 PDT 2001

to cement his credentials among newfound friends?

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 9:07 AM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Hitchens falls off bar stool

Carl Remick wrote:

>More squeezings from a wet brain. From The Spectator:
>
>"The fascist sympathies of the soft left
>
>"Christopher Hitchens says that intellectuals who seek to understand
>the new enemy are no friends of peace, democracy or human life"
>
>[Text:
>http://www.spectator.co.uk/article.php3?table=old&section=current&issue=200
1-09-29&id=1131]

The concluding graf:

>I have no hesitation in describing this mentality, carefully and
>without heat, as soft on crime and soft on fascism. No political
>coalition is possible with such people and, I'm thankful to say, no
>political coalition with them is now necessary. It no longer matters
>what they think.

If it no longer matters, why has he written thousands of hostile words?

Doug