"It no longer matters what they think."

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 28 11:21:54 PDT 2001

Sounds like Mr. Hitchins thinks he knows something. Made my hair stand up.

"I have no hesitation in describing this mentality, carefully and without heat, as soft on crime and soft on fascism. No political coalition is possible with such people and, I'm thankful to say, no political coalition with them is now necessary. It no longer matters what they think"

Not like that evil coalition with Stalin that the US had to form to defeat Hitler. Didn't I just post something using that combo?

Seems like a concerted effort to connect the "commies" with the fascists, with the terrorists. How else to squash to the voices confronting the people's falling living standards? The problem is being defined ahead of time.