reminder

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 28 16:23:26 PDT 2001

For those who believe that the Bosnia and Kosovo interventions were waged by liberal humanitarians and opposed by conservative "national interest" mavens, it may be useful to keep something in mind. The Bush administration's most strident superhawk, Paul Wolfowitz, who is now apparently lobbying for a policy of multiple wars (including "ending" Iraq), was an early and passionate advocate of NATO's humanitarian Balkan crusades.

Seth

Good examples deserve a counter-example. Lawrence Eagleburger, conservative realist, Kissinger Associates poobah, former pal of Slobodan Milosevic according to Dusko Doder. In the last months of the former Bush presidency counseled a very cautious line on confronting the breakup of the Yugoslav federation which began in late '91 in battles in Bosnia.Now on the very hawkish wing of the foreign policy establishment in this current crisis.Indicative of larger ideological/policy currents, Wolfowitz or Eagleburger? I dunno. Kissinger, I'd assume will be quick to scorn Wilsonian wars against "Absolute Evil" whether waged under liberal or neo-con auspices. www.polyconomics.com/searchbase/05-25-99.html ~ Related Links: The May- June Issue of Foreign Affairs. Kissinger on the Effects of Our Kosovo War. ~ www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a3efb231f8c.htm www.centrexnews.com/members/bilderberg/2000.htm (Weirdo, right/left conspiracy theory web portal, www.centrexnews.com/ )

More from the two Richard's. http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/terrorism/july-dec01/wide_war.html "The Prince of Darkness, " rides again. Armitage and Abrams too. Deja Vu all over again as Professor Yogi Berra sez. Michael Pugliese