Sociology and Explanations (Re: Hitchens responds to critics

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 29 11:32:32 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Luke Weiger wrote:
>
> >What if I spent my time analyzing Palestinian failures of diplomacy that
> >have "resulted" in their inability to get a state?

This is the same sort of racism I accused McReynolds of. Only a state can have a diplomatic policy -- and the Palestinians don't have a state. That is, he ascribes to the Palestinians as such the weakness that in fact objectively characterizes their situation. It is the same as accusing poor people of being ignorant of good nutrition.

Carrol