[PEN-L:17860] Successful Anti-war demonstration in Chico

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Sep 30 11:49:38 PDT 2001

> > The demostration was organized after a "pro-war rally"
> > (they really called it that) was sponsored by the
> > local Republican party last week. Only about twenty
> > people showed up for it.
> >
> > Maybe there's hope.
> >
> > tim

and, unfortunately, my fear is this: the more successful we are at changing US opinion or, at least, allowing more of it to come to light, the more likely the Shrub is going to be to go in bombing.

it took how many months to mobilize US troops for the GW? we have, of course, to wait until after Ramadan and we certainly can't get all crazy during the dead-guy-on-a-stick shopping season. that would be baaaaaad for business with everyone glued to the tube. with any luck we'll be hesitant to send ground troops in over winter. still, who wants to bet the bottle of lagvulin max owes me and mark owes max that some reason will be found for some sort of Nintendo War to get everyone in line with the program -- because all the anti-war sentiments that were evident prior to the GW evaporated the day we started bombing Iraq.

kelley (thieving from curtiss: i'm not bitter)