placing the palestinian struggle

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Apr 1 08:10:43 PST 2002

> >The resulting isolation of the U.S./Israel alliance IMO
> >makes for huge dangers to international peace, going
> >well beyond Palestine.
>
> How so, specifically? It seems to me that Israel's conduct takes
> the gleam
> off our casus belli for pursuing the War on Terrorism wherever our whimsy
> takes us. For starters, it's given Saddam Hussein a reprieve that would
> have been unthinkable just days ago. Carl

I agree that Israel's policy makes war against Iraq more difficult, in terms of something that obtains the acquiesence of Arab & Moslem nations. But I don't think that is what the DoD loonies are after. I think they want to remake those governments wholesale into the most pliant U.S. clients imaginable. And there is an obvious pecuniary motive in turning over the card table, in hopes of establishing more lucrative colonial relationships. Unlike Vietnam, for instance, there really is a lot of dough at stake here.

mbs