RES: lbo-talk-digest V1 #5914

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Mon Apr 1 16:21:46 PST 2002

- Not "proof," so far as I know. It is widly alleged however.

Now, there is massive evidence of election fraud in the regions during the 2000 elections, probably mainly because of regional governments trying to get in good with the Kremlin.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal

-I?ve read that the number of people able to vote increased by 1,3 million -from the parlamentary elections in 1999 to the presidential elections -in 2000. Quite surprising for a country whose population is decreasing.... -I think Putin probably wouldn?t have won in the first turn if there was not -fraud. -Btw: Did the Russian population stopped to shrink??

Alexandre Fenelon