Rorty on Cant

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Apr 2 14:00:31 PST 2002

Rorty on Cant From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com>

Charles, do have pity for those of us still chained down here in the cave. We do not possess the certainty of Thou. Quite frankly the soviet adumbrations look like shit from our low situation, but we are sure that we must be wrong, because Thou sayeth so.

It also helps, we guess, if one reads observations on Kant from marxist cliff (sp?) notes.

^^^^^^^^

CB: Thomas, methinks your profession of uncertainty is not sincere. Otherwise you wouldn't pronounce so definitely so often on this very list.

The societies growing out of the Liberal bourgeois philosophies like Kant's have done much worse to humanity than the Soviet Union. Perhaps being in a cave , you didn't notice.

I can't tell whether your signature is a Marx quote because you are a Marxist or only this one thought catches your fancy.

^^^^^^^^

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

- -Karl Marx