Chicago Events

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Tue Apr 2 18:32:59 PST 2002

>Wow, I'd love to hear a report on that. Sassen must be there because
>it's April Fool's Day - why else would someone want platitudes in
>academese in a 100 mph monotone?
>
>Doug

I thought she was charming (certainly better than the LOUDEST MAN IN THE WORLD who preceded your talk in Chicago) She did admit to giving talks to corporate big-wigs "for their amusement" and she seemed tickled by Ehrenreich and Frank's humorous cynicism (or realism as I'd call it). She came off as sort of a Dennis Robert Redmond who spoke in dry academese rather than vivacious metaphor. And she said she went to Porto Alegre which she found inspiring.

Peter